background

Sunday, June 20, 2010

HOT HOT HOT

It was well over 80 degrees (probably closer to 90) yesterday when I ran Sarah's Stride. They changed the race course since I ran it last. Before it started near my parents' house and ran through Tosa just a bit northeast of the village. It used to be practically all down hill. This race was slightly south of the village, mostly along Honey Creek Parkway, and it was barely downhill.

Here's what the route looked like (approximately):

The day was really hot and humid, so it was a blessing that there were two water stops and they were placed really well. I started behind one of the boys I used to babysit for. Now, he's practically taller than me, but not as fast! I only finished about 30 seconds behind him. Since it was so hot, I had to stop and walk a bit. Fortunately, most people had to walk because of the heat. Everyone at the finish line looked like they were going to melt!


See?

No comments:

Post a Comment