background

Monday, January 25, 2010

Big whoops...

Don't I look cute?

I mean, this doesn't look like the face of a woman who went and picked up her race packet and then got lost on her way to her very first race of her 2010 running challenge does it?

This doesn't look like the woman who ran outside in the cold, icy weather dressed like a dork (see previous post) in order to run last Saturday at the Frosty 5k does it?

Well, sorry to say that's exactly what happened. I whiffed my first race. I cannot tell you how angry I was at myself. My sister was in the car with me ready to take photos of my first race of the year, and she can tell you the colorful language I used. Please don't ask her though. It's embarassing enough to have your friends call you and ask what your time was and not be able to tell them. There may or may not have been some tears involved.

Thanks to my handy-dandy iPod + Nike, I still ran a 5k that day and my sister did take my picture. I love that kid! I will not post my time because it was unofficial, but let's just say it was right where I guessed it would be.

I'll just have to sqeeze another race in later this year. Thanks to Facebook friends, I've got lots of suggested races for later this year. We'll call whatever race that is the "January Make Up". Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment