background

Monday, February 8, 2010

For the love of running!



Howdy readers!




Sorry I've been away for a while, but life happens, right? I've been undertaking a variety of projects as usual and the latest two have been to a) convert an old ski cap to a running cap with a ponytail holder (see Exhibit A) and b) find out if I can buy a house (see Exhibit B).


Exhibit A - Thank you Trailheads for the "Goodbye Girl" hat photo

I think this will be really awesome if I can simply cut out just the right level ponytail hole. Then I can have a nice and warm head, but not have the pain and awkwardness of shoving my ponytail under my hat. The other alternative, which you have seen in photos is to do the two braids/pig tail 'do. While cute and effective, the braids knock my earbuds sometimes and tickle my neck.

Exhibit B - Thank you Yard Envy for the photo.
While I can't afford a mansion, I'm hoping that I could afford something a little bigger (but equally cute). Going through all the hoops to buy a house are quite exhausting, but I have a feeling it will be totally worth it!
Ok, so what does home buying have to do with running you ask? Well, tonight as I was on the treadmill at the Y, the show "House Hunters" was on HGTV. I love this show and that I can watch it while running. The bigger point, however, is that it reminded me of a very important fact in looking at houses: safety!
One of the biggest things for me when I look at a house is seeing if I feel safe. Part of this safety check is "would I feel comfortable running through this neighborhood on my own?" I love the Y and all, but running in my neighborhood makes me feel more a part of it because I can see the houses, see my neighbors and generally just be a part of my community.
I'll report back and let you know how both the house and hat things go!


No comments:

Post a Comment