background

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Found two new races!

Hello all!
I was reminded today at my Alumni Committee Meeting that Gary's Gallop Run/Walk is coming up in April. I love this race because a) it's for my alma mater Wisconsin Lutheran College, b) I think the race director does an awesome job, c) I get another WLC t-shirt, and d) the last 100 yards are a dash across the football field at the Krauss-Miller-Lutz Outdoor Athletic Complex!

There is a 5K run (first mile is down hill!), a 2-mile walk, and a kids' dash after the 5K. They are so cute! You can check out photos of last year's race here. The race attracts about 300 runners and walkers, families, Warriors (that's us WLC folk) and friends! All proceeds go toward WLC's athletic booster organization, the Warrior Club. So far, GG is the only race that I have planned that I've done before. Hopefully, this won't make me to sure of myself and that I can keep a good pace.

I knew I wanted to do Gary's Gallop, but I honestly couldn't remember whether it was in April or March, but now that I know, I was stumped about which race to run in March. Thanks to this handy-dandy site called Running in the USA, I found The Blarney Run.

The Blarney Run is held every spring in Wauwatosa on the weekend nearest to St. Patrick's Day. This 5K has a course for runners and a shorter course for those who want to walk. Like Gary's Gallop and the Steve Cullen Healthy Heart Club Run, parts of this race will be run on the Wil-O-Way Underwood Parkway. I think my favorite part of this race is that the kids' race is called the Twinkle Trot! All proceeds from this race go to helping the Wauwatosa Historical Society.

Anyone want to join me for the races? The more the merrier!

2 comments:

  1. My friend Becky and I will be at The Blarney Run! See you there!

    Sarah Wangerin

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you there Sarah! If you want to run together, let me know!

    ReplyDelete