background

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Can't or Won't?

It's late. I'm going to admit that I was staring at my closet for about 20 minutes before I opened my laptop and started typing. You see, tomorrow is the Fall fashion show at the Wauwatosa Women's Club (you should all join!), and I want to look nice. Duh, you say, but it's more the fact that I have to see my former Boot Camp coach, Sandi, than the fact that it's a fashion show.

I want to show her that thanks to all this working out, and a lot of her encouragement, I'm a whole size smaller than I was a year ago and I've stuck to it! And I don't mean, I'm a size smaller because I bought smaller pants and darn it, I'm going to make the zipper go up no matter what. I'm comfortably a size smaller and a whole lot healthier!

I think a lot of health is determining if you can't or won't do something about your lifestyle. Can't = impossible, and that's a load of hooey. As it says in the Bible, "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." If you are choosing not to get off your couch, then you're saying "can't", and that's something you can change. However, if you're missing an arm and you say, "I can't do push-ups" that's legitimate. If you are refusing to do something, then that's a "won't", and you probably just need an attitude check.

Sandi, like me, hated the word "can't". She knew that if you just tried a little harder, you could! She once told me, "when you think you can't do any more, do 10 more". If people would just choose to at least walk for 30 minutes (10 minutes three times a day counts) or use a stretchy-band, they could do more than they even think is possible!

Fitness is achievable! If I can do it, you can do it! Heck, if I can learn all this crazy stuff, then there is hope that I'll find just the right outfit for tomorrow!

I don't remember where I read this quote, but I love it, and I'll leave you with it while I find an outfit to wear tomorrow:
"Impossible is nothing. Impossible is a big word used by small people. Nothing is impossible."

No comments:

Post a Comment