background

Saturday, November 6, 2010

I spoke too soon...

OK, so I recently wrote about taking time and not getting sick.
Whoops!
The day after I wrote that, I got strep throat!
Facepalm.
Fortunately, at least it's a real infection where they can give you penicillin, and then you get better quickly unlike a virus where all they can tell you is "good luck". Fortunately, it has been over 48 hours, and now I am no longer contagious nor do I sound like Darth Vader!
Whoo hoo!
Sadly, I am still a bit congested. This means that I had to miss the race this morning, but thanks to my friend Kristi (*waves) I'll still get my race packet [free t-shirt]. Next year! I'll run it next year!
So, thanks to everyone who gave me home remedies, advice, and general well-wishes. I appreciate you all!
Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment