background

Sunday, January 16, 2011

To run or not to run?

To be or not to be?

Screw that. I’m not some weenie Danish prince who had some mega family issues. The answer is always “Be”. Duh.

To marathon or not to marathon?

Now there’s a question for which I do not have an answer. Is it physically possible? Yes. The people on “The Biggest Loser” can do it. They went from being close to death to running one in under 5 hours! Then again, they had Bob and Jillian and a host of doctors…

Remember last year when I started this blog before I kind of fell off the face of blog-dom and abandoned you all? I had a friend, Julie, who ran a half marathon and then a full marathon within two days. Granted, that’s kind of crazy, but that’s why we love Julie! This had inspired a group of us to train for a marathon in January of 2012 – the Disney Marathon. If we do this, the marathon will land exactly on my 28th birthday. That’s in 322 days.

Pros:

1. Coolest Birthday Goal EVER!

2. The marathon runs through all the Disney parks and you get a medal in the shape of Mickey Mouse.

3. I’d be running it with friends.

4. Nice to meet you, I’m Jen. I ran a marathon.

5. I get to buy more shoes.

6. Side benefit of weight loss – I hope.

7. This is an attainable goal in a year. I’m not trying to do this in 3 months or less or anything.

8. I bet I’ll need some cute shorts to go with those new shoes…

Cons:

1. That’s a long-freakin’-race!

2. Do I really want to spend my birthday running?

3. Questioning myself – Do I have the motivation and discipline?

4. My feet are going to hurt.

5. That’s a long-freakin’-race!

6. The Y puts a 30 minute limit on the treadmills. I don’t think it’s humanly possible to run 26 miles in a half hour. That’s even speeding in a car on HWY 794!

7. I didn’t finish this year’s goal (missed by 2 races). What makes me think I can do this?

So at the moment, the Pros outweigh the Cons, but not by much.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. You forgot a few pros...
    1. Since you are in Orlando you'd have to visit Harry Potter World in Orlando (it's almost motivation for me to run 26 miles, almost haha!)
    2. Running that long, and you'd have to buy some new music to go with those cute new clothes.

    (Also doesn't the Y have a Walking/ running track?)

    ReplyDelete