background

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

War Paint

While I was reading my latest issue of my Fitness magazine and they were talking about all these great citrus-infused products (my favorites) and the "best gear of the year" for all different sports. Granted, I know that while many of these products are tested out by the fitness professionals that work on the magazine, I also know that many of those products are offered to them for free to try. They showed everything from biking shorts to swim goggles to running shoes.

Then I thought, gear is like armor. You need good gear to protect yourself when you're out there taking on the world. Unlike our service men and women who deserve the best armor out there, we don't need to have the most expensive, latest and greatest gear. Proper gear, yes. Expensive, not so much.

Then it made me laugh because the next section in the magazine was on beauty products, which I guess count as "gear". Of all the gear, I think that sunscreen is probably the most important for summer, but all the fun shampoo and things are great too. Other than sunscreen, the one thing you won't find me without is mascara.

Mascara = war paint. I feel like if I have mascara on, I can go take on the world. When I had boot camp, I didn't put it on before I went and ran around like a crazy person, but I do wear it almost EVERY day.

Is there any gear that you love and wear every day? Any fitness gear that you love and want to share? Discuss...
(I love Asics, Saucony, Champion, Mary Kay and CO Bigelow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment