background

Friday, November 20, 2009

That’s what you should do!

My mom and I went to see the movie “Julie and Julia” staring Amy Adams and Meryl Streep after reading the book, written by Julie Powell. (Spoiler alert!) During the scene where Julie’s answering machine is spouting messages from interested parties and agents, my mom leaned over and whispered, “That’s what you should do.” Inspired by fun bloggers like Kalie, Erin, Julie, and my mom's suggestion, I'm putting one foot in front of the other and starting a blog.

What to blog about? I like to cook, but they already made a movie about that, like I mentioned. I seriously doubt there will be a feature film made about my life, but you never know. If “they” do, I’m putting Courtney in charge of casting the movie. Speaking of Courtney, I remember her once exclaiming "Heaven help us if Jen ever is left to her own devices." Hence, the projects.

Since that water skiing moment mentioned up there by the title, I’ve had a “project” every summer where I learn something new. Mostly it’s a new sport because summer is the perfect time in Wisconsin to learn something new without freezing, but lately these projects have expanded to scrap booking, learning a new instrument, and trying out new recipes.

I’m sure you’ll all have a good chuckle about my adventures. I know that my friends and family have some good eye-rolling moments over my escapades, so why not share them at large? Here you’ll read about my next project for 2010 “12 5Ks in 12 Months”, and get a dose of what it’s like to be resident of the great Cream City that is Milwaukee.

Feel free to post a comment, ask a question, suggest a 5K in Wisconsin or a new project for me to try. In the meantime, just enjoy the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment